Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Proposal

Danny proposed to me on July 25th and although we had been talking about getting married for a while- it was a complete surprise how and when he finally asked me. I was supposed to be going to a party with my mom and sister that night, but my mom called and cancelled at the last minute. So I called my sister to see if she wanted to hang out, and she blew me off. My roommate and her friend left for a movie without really asking me, so I felt like she blew me off too! I was kind of feeling sorry for myself all alone on a Friday night. Finally I talked Danny into going to see a movie. But he kept acting like he was busy, and kept changing what time we were leaving. So, by the time he actually got to my house to pick me up I was slightly irritated with everyone! We get in the car and he said that one of the coaches he works with had called to ask him to go to the football stadium to turn the lights out- which by the way would make us late for the movie. Pretty sure I started acting like a big brat right about then :) We got to the stadium and he asked me to get out with him-sigh- so I did and we started walking out on the field. It occured to me about the 50 yard line that the light switch was not on the field. Right about that time I saw my favorite picure of us flash up on the scoreboard and it said "Jessica Jones will you consider Jessica English?" He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I was really shocked but of course I said yes. Right as I said yes I heard a bunch of people cheering- which surprised me because the stadium was all dark. I looked up and our families and friends were watching the whole thing from up in the press box! Danny did such a great job planning everything and making it such a special night not just for me but for our families too!





My sister had lots of fun goodies waiting for me after he proposed!



2 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness.. That is so cute. I know you told me he proposed in the football stadium but WOW. He did good!! :)

kjames106 said...

Aww, Jessica, congratulations! That was soo sweet!